Book of Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac
Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac
The laws of the Kingdom of Lochac can be found online here:
An archive of historical laws and changes can be found here.
Precedence of the Law
The precedence of the law in the Kingdom of Lochac is:
- Real-world law.
- The Constitution of the SCA Ltd and/or the Rules of SCANZ, as applicable.
- The SCA Ltd-SCANZ, SCA Ltd-SCA US and SCANZ-SCA US operating agreements.
- SCA Ltd and/or SCANZ corporate policies, as applicable.
- The Corpora of the SCA US
- SCA US Officers’ policies, as approved by the Board of SCA US, except those specifically excluded by the operating agreements between SCA Ltd and/or SCANZ and SCA US.
- The Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac (this document)
- Governing documents or written policies of Kingdom Officers, approved by the Crown and Kingdom Seneschal
- The Word of the Crown
The laws of the Kingdom of Lochac should be read in the order listed in the list of links on this page, with documents higher up the list over-riding documents lower down the chart.
Links to the relevant documents:
- Commonwealth Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) – the act under which SCA Ltd is incorporated or Incorporated Societies Act 1908 (ACT) New Zealand – the act under which SCA NZ Inc is incorporated
- Constitution of the SCA Ltd or Rules of the SCA New Zealand Inc
- SCA-SCAA Operating Agreement and SCA-SCANZ Operating Agreement and SCAA-SCANZ Operating Agreement – the agreements defining how the SCA entities which together support the Kingdom of Lochac work with each other and with the US-based Society for Creative Anachronism Inc.
- SCA Ltd Financial Policy, SCA NZ Financial Policy and SCA NZ Publishing Policy
- Corpora – The Corpora of the SCA, defining the medieval structure.
Note that the By-Laws and Corporate Policies of the SCA contained in this same PDF file do not apply outside of the USA, nor do areas, such as Financial and Publishing policy or differences in mundane law and insurance requirements which are excluded under our affiliation agreements.
- SCA Sanction Guide – Society Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Seneschals Handbook – The Society Seneschals’ Handbook. This and the other society level handbooks of the SCA are incorporated into SCA law, subject to Corpora and the local corporate policies.
- Administrative Handbook of the College of Arms – Society level heraldic policies.
- Armoured Combat Handbook – Society level heavy combat rules, regulations and policies.
- Rapier Combat Handbook – Society level rapier combat rules, regulations, and policies.
- Target Archery Rules – Society level missile combat rules, regulations, and policies.
- Equestrian Handbook – Equestrian rules, regulations, and policies.
- Siege Engine Handbook – Society level siege weampons rules, regulations, and policies.
- Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac – Kingdom Law, as defined in Australia and New Zealand.
- Lochac Procedures Manual – applies to all officers in Lochac
- Lochac Reeve’s Handbook and reporting templates
- Armoured Combat and Rapier and Equestrian rules of Lochac
- The Word of the Crown – The Word of the Crown is Law in the Kingdom of Lochac. This link takes you to the crown’s Email address.