Book of Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac
Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac
The laws of the Kingdom of Lochac can be found online here:
Precedence of the Law
The precedence of the law in the Kingdom of Lochac is:
- Real world, national, state, territory, and local law.
- The Constitution of the SCAA, or in New Zealand, the Constitution of the SCANZ.
- The SCAA/SCA, SCANZ/SCA and SCAA/SCANZ operating agreements.
- SCAA and SCANZ corporate policies.
- The Corpora of the SCA
- Officers’ Handbooks of the SCA corporate officers, where specifically agreed to by the Board of Directors of the SCA. This includes society level combat rules, etc. But it specifically excludes the SCA (USA) Financial and Publications policies which are excluded in the SCAA/SCA and SCANZ/SCA operating agreements.
- The Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac
- The Word of the Crown
- The officer’ handbooks and rules of the Kingdom officers
The laws of the Kingdom of Lochac should be read in the order listed in the list of links on this page, with documents higher up the list over-riding documents lower down the chart.
- Commonwealth Corporations Act – the act under which SCAA Ltd is incorporated in Australia.
- Constitution of the SCA Australia Ltd and Rules of the SCA New Zealand Inc
- SCA-SCAA Operating Agreement and SCA-SCANZ Operating Agreement and SCAA-SCANZ Operating Agreement – The agreements under which the SCA entities which together support the Kingdom of Lochac work with each other and with the US-based Society for Creative Anachronism Inc.
- SCAA Financial Policy, SCA NZ Financial Policy and SCA NZ Publishing Policy
- Corpora – The Corpora of the SCA, defining the medieval structure. Note that the By-Laws contained in this same PDF file do not apply outside of the USA, nor do areas, such as Financial and Publishing policy or differences in mundane law and insurance requirements which are excluded under our affiliation agreements.
- SCA Sanction Guide – Society Sanctions Policy and Procedures.
- Seneschals Handbook – The Society Seneschals’ Handbook. This and the other society level handbooks of the SCA are incorporated into SCA law, subject to Corpora and the local corporate policies.
- Administrative Handbook of the College of Arms – Society level heraldic policies.
- Armoured Combat Handbook – Society level heavy combat rules, regulations and policies.
- Rapier Combat Handbook – Society level rapier combat rules, regulations, and policies.
- Target Archery Rules – Society level missile combat rules, regulations, and policies.
- Equestrian Handbook – Equestrian rules, regulations, and policies.
- Siege Engine Handbook – Society level siege weampons rules, regulations, and policies.
- Laws of the Kingdom of Lochac – Kingdom Law, as defined in Australia and New Zealand.
- Lochac Reeve’s Handbook and reporting templates
- Armoured Combat and Rapier and Equestrian rules of Lochac
- The Word of the Crown – The Word of the Crown is Law in the Kingdom of Lochac. This link takes you to the crown’s Email address.