THIS IS NOT A DRILL!
If you’ve been reading your Pegasus you’ll be well aware that my warrant as Lochac Seneschal will expire at November Crown of this year and we are still seeking applications (and if you’ve not been reading it, our Chronicler does a fantastic job, take a minute and check it out).
This an opportunity to make a difference, to guide the direction of Lochac’s administration.
This 2 year warrant is a broad and varied role, more diverse than the official description suggests. The Seneschal is the chief administrative officer of the Kingdom and shall:
- Serve as the principal mundane legal representative of the SCA within Lochac.
- Receive reports from all other Great and Lesser Officers on the status of their office.
- Make such reports as may be required by the Crown.
- Sit on the Council of the Purse.
- Sit on the Council of the Regalia.
- Provide details of Crown events, attendance at which is required for the winners of the following Crown Tourney (as defined in Corpora IV.C.2), to the Chronicler for publication in April and October Pegasus. The Seneschal is ineligible to enter or be fought for in Crown Tournaments for any reign that would coincide with their term of office.
Far and away the most rewarding part of the role for me has been working with some of the most enthusiastic, talented and inspired people in Lochac, hearing and supporting creative initiatives that have one thing in common – building a better kingdom.
This office was never on my radar and I will always be grateful to the people who asked me to consider it. You may not think that you are the right person for this job, but if your friends forward you a copy of this notice, pay attention to them. And if you know someone who you think would be good in the job, do them (and Lochac) a favour – encourage them to apply.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the job, or to discuss how you see yourself taking it forward, I would love to talk to you.
Yours in service,