Officers’ Handbooks and Resources
Officers and Seneschal handbooks currently in use in Lochac:
- Lochac Procedures Manual – All officers should read this!
- New Seneschal’s Handbook – required reading for every new group Seneschal.
- New Group Guide – a comprehensive guide for those wishing to form a new SCA group in Lochac.
- Dispute Resolution Handbook – how to manage and resolve disputes
- Lochac Information Guide – where to find key information and resources in Lochac
Other helpful resources:
- Lochac Online Event form. This sends copies of the form to your Seneschal, yourself, Pegasus Editor, and Kingdom Webwright.
- Handing Over Offices – A Primer for SCA Officers by Magistra Nicolaa de Bracton, 1996.
- Crown Event Handbook – essential reading if you are thinking of bidding to run a Crown event
- Society Seneschal’s Handbook – useful for all Seneschals, particularly those responsible for larger groups
- Seneschal Mentor Support – a list of experienced people willing to offer private support to group Seneschals.
- Lochac Group Seneschal Introduction – a quick overview for new and intending Seneschals
- Drachenwald Group Seneschal’s handbook – a more formal look at a Seneschal’s responsibilities (note that not all the reporting etc. information there applies exactly here!)
- Royal Visits – how to make Royal Visits happen, and work well
- Luring Newcomers via your Group Website – of value to Seneschals, Hospitallers and Webwrights
- SCA NZ’s Media Guide – useful info no matter where you live in Lochac.
- Consensus decision making in the SCA – Master Gareth Wilfrith
- Forming Principalities in the SCA – Master Gareth Wilfrith
- The Crown and Regions in the SCA – Master Gareth Wilfrith
- Dealing With Difficult People – Master Gareth Wilfrith
- ‘Moving the Food Dish’. People and leadership in the SCA – Master Aaron Swiftrunner
- ‘Baronial Poll Guide
Don’t miss the Hospitaller’s handbook and other recruitment-related articles, posters, videos and graphic resources on the Lochac Hospitaller website.